wa•di \ˈwä-dē\ noun [Arabic wādi] 1828 1: the bed or valley of a stream in regions of southwestern Asia and northern Africa that is usually dry except during the rainy season and that often forms an oasis

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Update: His provisions are astounding...

As I sit here writing this update for my upcoming trip to Cambodia, I can't help but be amazed by how he provides, and honestly this post is long overdue. Like months overdue. I've struggled to find the right words to put my emotions about what has been happening into words, and, well, they always say necessity is the mother of invention, or rather in this case words.

I was completely, totally, entirely, 100% funded for my trip, months before I take off. (Pardon the redundancy. I'm just pretty stoked about the situation.)

And really, I should say I'm about 150% funded for my trip. Which is in itself amazing because everything I don't need goes to support the incredible work of Rapha House in Cambodia.

Now I stand on the precipice of taking off. My first flight takes off tomorrow morning for LAX where I will meet up with the 16 other members of my group. We spend the night in LA and take off the next morning (and due to the international date line, pretty much skip the 4th entirely, sadly).

In the days leading up to this trip, I have felt incredibly excited and anxious. And it has kept growing. I can't imagine what tomorrow is going to hold as I finally get to take off. I can tell you that I'm not sure I would have been able to stay sane without my Rock. He's got me covered so I don't have to worry and that has helped, at least a little bit.

While we are there we will be spending a couple days with the girls at Rapha house, encouraging and showing God's love to them and the staff. On the other days, we will be helping at Kid's Club. In some ways, it's a little like VBS here. So imagine a lot of kids, a lot of Jesus, and a lot of fun. Throughout it all, we will be learning about Cambodia. Getting to know the people and the culture. It's exciting to me. I fully believe that we have to get out of our own bubble to fully understand how to relate. We get to know the other side.

So here I am. About to embark on an incredible journey, fully prepared to be changed by God forever.

If you would like to keep updated on what's happening, there will be periodic updates here: http://www.ciy.com/engage/theworld/updates. Just scroll to the bottom and look for Cambodia #3 and the dates that are in July.

If you're reading this, keep us in your prayers. Pray for safety, smooth traveling, and for God to move in incredible ways in our lives and in the lives of those we come in contact with.


No comments:

Post a Comment