wa•di \ˈwä-dē\ noun [Arabic wādi] 1828 1: the bed or valley of a stream in regions of southwestern Asia and northern Africa that is usually dry except during the rainy season and that often forms an oasis

Sunday, January 18, 2015

He called me to the great unknown..

I am really excited for what God is doing in my life in the here and now. For those of you who don't know, he has given me a passion for those who have been victimized in the sex industry and may be trapped in their current situation or not see any way out.

You see, human trafficking is thriving. You may not see it just put in front of you, but just take a closer look and you will see. We aren't even immune to it here in the heart of the US. It is estimated that 27 million people are exploited everyday to serve the needs of others, this isn't just in the sex industry either.

We all know this isn't right. It may pull at the heart strings for you a little. Though it may not be your passion, it is mine. And now I have the opportunity to do something about it.

Come July, I will be traveling to Cambodia with a group from CIY to partner with Rapha House, and organization that provides a safe place for girls who have been subject to a atrocities of the sex industry.

This trip will give me the opportunity to see firsthand the ministry and to partner with them for two weeks helping the long term workers and pouring love into the lives of those girls.

As a child of God who has been forgiven and is truly free in him, I have a call to serve. As it says in Galatians 5:13, "For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

God has called us to serve in love, so I am going to Cambodia. And I am asking you to partner with me in prayer. Pray for me now as I raise funds to make the trip. Pray that God will prepare my heart for what I will see and experience. Pray for the others who are going that they will also be prepared for this journey. And then in July, pray that our work will leave a lasting impact for God's kingdom. 

...for behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. Song of Solomon 2:11-12

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS SO AWESOME MICHELLE! I love Rapha House and the work they are doing. God bless you and the people you come into contact with as you embark on this journey :)

    ReplyDelete